Thursday, April 19, 2012

Q is for Questions

As a mother, there are two questions that are always on the top of my mind.  What is best for my children?  and What is best for me?

The only way to alleviate guilt in answering the second question, is to remind myself that having a happy well-adjusted mother is exactly what is best for my children.  Not only am I less likely to scream at them for minor infractions, but I can provide a good example for my kids, particularly my daughter. Would I want Jadzia to put herself last? No. Would I want her to follow her dreams? Yes.  When I do something for myself, I'm actually doing something for a future version of Jadzia.  She will grow up knowing that she can have a life outside her family, that she can do whatever she wants with her life.  And, hopefully, she'll grow up to be proud of her mother.

That's the idea anyway.  Right now she's just learning to play computer games excessively.  I'm not perfect.  I make mistakes.  Do I want my children to know that it's okay to make mistakes?  Yes.  Then it must be okay for me too.

On the subject of questions, I'm opening up the floor to questions for me.  No topic is taboo.  Don't worry if you think your question is too silly. I love silly questions!  Don't worry if you think your question is too personal.  I reserve the right to not answer, and I promise I won't be offended that you asked.

1 comment:

Sylvia McNicoll said...

What are you feeling guilty about? Her spending time with Omi while you work? Are you kidding? It will be party time for her! First thing we're doin' is goin' shoppin'.

Hugs

Mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...