Sunday, July 31, 2011

Worf Filipowicz

 We weren't really planning on getting a dog, although we always knew we would some day.  My daughter's love of animals prompted me to take her to the animal shelter last week just for something to do.   During our visit, we mostly just looked at cats, because the sound of ten large dogs barking in a confined hallway was too much for Jadzia's tender nerves and eardrums.  However, I did notice that they had a puppy.  Not a washed up old mutt, but a puppy.

The sign said he was a Pointer x Border Collie, but we were later told he was probably a Lab x Border Collie, or maybe something else.  They found him on the street and your guess is as good as theirs.  In fact, they found him on our street. 

We went to the shelter today just to look at him.  We played with him in the room for playing with dogs.  We took him for a walk.  He likes to play fetch.  He likes the kids. The kids like him.  He's cute. He's calm for a puppy.


Adam would want to adopt any dog he saw, ditto for the kids, so it was all up to me to be the grown-up and make the big decisions.  I asked the shelter worker if they would hold him for twenty-four hours so I could think about it.  "No."  So we took him right then and there.  It was too late anyway.  He already felt like part of the family.


1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Hi Jen,
What an adorable puppy. You did the right thing. He was meant for you--Serendipity.
I'm a fellow campaigner and I'm so glad I found your blog. -I feel bad because it's taken me longer than I expected to get around to all of the bloggers in my groups.
I like your blog. I like that your posts are diverse. I will keep reading. I selfishly hope to read more about your sweet new doggie. :)
--Kimberly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...