Sunday, March 14, 2010

My new pantry

I'm trying to write a blog entry about my new pantry, but instead I keep looking over my shoulder into the kitchen to gaze admiringly at it.  I'm in love! Both with this beautiful new cupboard and with the handyman who built it for me.

Here's the before shot:

Picture this useless alcove with a giant black Ikea shelving unit sticking sideways out of it.  These shelves were meant to display decorative knick-knacks, but instead were stuffed full with pots and pans, appliances, books, papers, cereal, and anything else that was too tall or awkward to fit in our kitchen cabinets.  I don't know why our house's architect designed such an oddly-shaped kitchen, but it was the seventies (lots of drugs back then).











And some in-progress shots:

My man building me a pantry.  That's pretty much the sexiest thing I've ever seen.  I never got a really good picture of him using the drill though, unfortunately.  Also, I got bored of taking pictures by the time he started building the shelves, so no in-progress shelving shots (I know you're disappointed).  You'll just have to trust me that he built everything with his own manly hands.

























And Tah-dah!

Just look how all our kitchen stuff fits neatly into these shelves with room to spare.  That's a miracle, I tell you.  There's even a little space between the shelves and the doors for the broom, and the sweeper, and for hiding from the kids.  Adam still plans to fill in that space above the doors with some drywall (and paint the kitchen), but that's a project for next weekend.
I love my new pantry!  Thanks Adam!

1 comment:

Cara said...

Great use of space! A walk-in pantry. Talented husband strikes again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...