Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Today I'm reminded of an extra special romantic Valentine's Day three years ago, which I spent at the hospital watching Star Trek DVDs while I waited for my son to arrive. Tommorrow is William's 3rd birthday, and his friends and family will be over to celebrate.  Luckily, it's also Family Day, so most people have the day off and are looking for a family-type experience. 

Right now we are taking a break from cleaning the house (no small task).  William is playing Hotwheels car games on Adam's computer and I'm blogging (obviously).  My husband having no computer to use up here is downstairs pretending to watch the Olympics, but is no doubt actually playing with his iPod.  From the sounds of it, Jadzia is upset that she's not allowed to play.

After four and a half years of marriage, Adam still hasn't been able to teach me to clean a house up to his mother's standards, so he'll be taking over much of the cleaning as usual while I tag along like one of the children trying to help.  But that's okay, because I made a totally awesome car cake!

Adam says the Olympics are in reruns and our cleaning break is over.  Love is in the air.  Happy Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

Cara said...

We are super excited to celebrate your son's third birthday tomorrow! I hope some happy shrieking will be OK. It is very interesting how your children both choose holidays as their time to enter the world!

Super Happy Jen said...

It wouldn't be a birthday party without happy shrieking. Adam is trying to put William to bed right now but he is way too excited. And we have to clean the kitchen still...

Kate said...

Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Birthday William!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...