Saturday, January 16, 2010

Good Morning

Good Morning Everyone! This I have trudged through a sea of vomit and diarrhea that has kept me away from my loyal followers. Okay, so it wasn't that bad, but it's hard to have a sense of humor about puke until everyone is all better...

Jadzia puked her guts out as we sat down to lunch on Sunday, the same afternoon we were scheduled to a birthday party for one of William's girlfriends. We didn't bring Jadzia (that would have been irresponsible) instead we left my mother-in-law with the sick baby and the rest of the family partied preschooler style.


The next day William was cranky in the afternoon, and I thought it was normal I-need-a-nap-but-I-don't-have-naps crankiness. I got him to sleep by driving him around the block, but he woke up even crankier than before, demanding television. All this is fairly normal behaviour for him, so I didn't clue-in that he was sick until he started retching. At that point, I grabbed him and rushed up stairs to the toilet (my kingdom for a downstairs bathroom!). We didn't quite make it. Only about 50% of the puke ended up it the toilet. 50% ended up on the basement stairs, the kitchen floor, and on the upstairs stairs (creating a path that my stair-climbing daughter, crawled right through). Also an additional 20% ended up on my clothes and hair. And 1% on William's clothes. (I realize that's 121%, but there was a lot of puke.) He puked four more times after that, but I'm proud to say that from then on I was able to rush him to the bathroom in time.


A peruse of facebook told me that everyone at the party was also sick, adults and kids alike. My husband stayed home sick from work a few days, but didn't puke (I don't think men puke). Patient Zero was fine all day Monday until she vomited in her crib that night and liquid-pooed in her diaper.


But now everyone is better. Even my car (I hope), which wouldn't start yesterday. I had to make it to another birthday party (will I ever learn my lesson) so I called my Dad and we installed all our carseats into the back of his mustang convertible (the perfect family car). Unfortunately Jadzia's carseat got stuck. The seatbelt is locked and won't give enough slack to get it out from around this piece of plastic that makes the carseat extra extra safe. Adam is off to my parent's house right now with screwdrivers.


William is having a tantrum about tv.

2 comments:

Cara said...

All in a day's work!plo

Sylvia McNicoll said...

Heyo from Sudbury,

A better week ahead for you, I'm sure.

Don't suffer alone. Dad's around. I left him a casserole to feed you guys for lunch. Monday he has a charter so maybe not that day.

Off to see Bears or Lions or Gorillas or some IMAX movie like that

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...