Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Success!


On Saturday my friend Becca and I bribed William, saying that he could play in the Ikea play area if he learned to use wear underwear all the time and use the potty. Today I'm happy to say I was able to keep my promise.

Before we signed William and his friend Aedan in, we had to swear on the souls of our ancesters that they were both completely toilet trained. Of course, said I. Noone has to know that William had only been wearing underwear a little less than five days.

The boys played while Becca and I (and Jadzia) had lunch at the Ikea restaurant. When we got back an hour later, we found out that William and Aedan had gotten kicked out of the ball pit for throwing balls (gasp). But much to my relief, had not soiled the ball area resulting in a ban from the premises.

After the bribe had been carried out, the boys ate sandwiches that I had packed and then Becca and Aedan had to catch the bus. (William was very disappointed that we had to take the car home). William held his pee (he doesn't like using public toilets) until we got home with no accident. He even opted to wear underwear during his nap.

Hooray!

6 comments:

Cara said...

Total success! I daresay that Leyla dancing with William in his underwear at your party has had a positive affect on Leyla. She's been in underwear the past few days with few accidents. Peer influence at its finest.

Super Happy Jen said...

Yeah!

Sylvia McNicoll said...

Hurray for Will and Leyla! Getting out of diapers is such a major and frustrating hurdle sometimes.

Yah!

Adam Filipowicz said...

whats with the front pocket in underwear
whats so hard about just pulling your underwear down a few inches

zydeco fish said...

Good news. I prefer underwear as well.

Super Happy Jen said...

that is good news!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...