Sunday, April 19, 2009

Miracle Cure

I don't normally post on Jens blog but thought that i would this time

Ever since William got his new Car Bed and transitioned from the Crib its been tough keeping him asleep or tough getting him to sleep typically I had to either pretend to Sleep on his bed until he fell asleep and then i would carefully sneakaway.. this can sometimes take 30-45 minutes of waiting.

I transitioned to sitting in a chair in his room. to eventually sitting in the hall with his door opened slightly
but he always had to see me , or have me close by.. and would demand that "Daddy Sit chair"

he also tends to go 3-4 hours between waking up.. so.. Bed by 9, wake up 12:30, wake up 4, wake up 7
oh the fun and each time it took between 15 minutes and 45 minutes to get him to go back to sleep

one night when he was very cranky and stubborn and i was very tired and wanted to get back to bed.
i gave him the option of " do you want me to check on you later or close your door" and since he really doesnt like having his door closed. obviously choose the other option and.. well he stayed in bed.. and went to sleep.!!

so now our bedtime routine is..

Change Diaper
Maybe take a bath
Brush Teeth
Read 2 books (maybe up to 4)
hug and kiss
tuck under covers (also a new thing)
and see you later

trimming my bedtime routine from 1 hour to 15 minutes

also at night when he gets up.. its sometimes no more then just changing a wet diaper and putting tucking him back in.
sometimes.. less then 5 minutes

which is bloody amazing!

my Favorite Son :)

3 comments:

Super Happy Jen said...

I'm not sure I'd call this a miracle cure. Our son is cunning enough to get around your scheme, eventually.

And I don't remember receiving a written request from you to be my guest blogger.

Adam Filipowicz said...

must be in your spam filter :)

Becca said...

Yeah!

That is a BIG accomplishment
Choices - they have amazing power :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...