Monday, March 09, 2009

William counts to eight

So yesterday I was watching William play with my slippers. He was shuffling along chanting "One, two, one, two, two, two, one..." Normally, two is as far as he can normally count, though occasionally he throws in three.

Suddenly, and very quickly, William recited "one, two, three-four-five-six...eight." Sure he skipped seven, but I was still shocked and amazed.

I turned to my husband, who was sitting at the computer next to us. "Did you hear that?" Unfortunately he hadn't been paying attention and neither of us could get William to repeat what he had just said.

I think that all the knowledge of the universe must be locked up in that toddler brain, just waiting to spew out at random moments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think, don't quote me on this, but I think that 7 and 8 are pretty common numbers to skip when kids are learning to count. I feel like I read that somewhere. Or I am just making it up, because I used to skip 7 when I was tiny and couldn't figure out why I had 11 fingers and no one else did.

PS my code word is BREEDS and I am having a baby. I love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...