Wednesday, February 06, 2008

We've got a climber

Today William defied all attempts at baby-proofing once again by demonstrating his ability to climb onto the couch without assistance. This sort of accomplishment is hillarious to a baby and terrifying to a mother. William stands up there giggling gleefully and no doubt thinking: this is great, now I can throw toys behind the couch, plus I have a new and exciting place to hide the tv remote. While I'm thinking: Careful! Careful! Don't fall!

This new development also means that the small group of endtables, strategically surrounding Lokai the Guinea Pig's cage, is no longer a deterrent and William can climb up, use Lokai's food dish as a sandbox, attempt to feed him small plastic toys, pull fur, and otherwise torment my smaller, furrier, more neglected son.

Now that Mr. William is asleep, I'm wondering if he can climb out of his crib too. And if he can, will I have to buy him a big boy bed? And if I do, will my condo ever be baby-proofed enough to have a climber wander around in the middle of the night unsupervised? I was just telling my Mom today how unproductive worry is, but I think it comes with being a mother.

And my husband is working late during an ice storm. The excitement never ends.

5 comments:

Adam Filipowicz said...

have no fear i am home safe :)
no weather can stop a Graphic designer from hitting a deadline..

zydeco fish said...

Soon, he'll be asking to borrow the car keys.

Super Happy Jen said...

Z: Actually, he already borrows my keys quite often. Fortunately, he doesn't realize that they can be used to operate a vehicle.

cube said...

They all climb eventually. I know it can be a worrisome time, but enjoy every minute of the toddler years. One day he will grow into teenager and then you'll wish for the toddler again. Believe me, I know.

Becca said...

BEHOLD!!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2404625

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...