Monday, June 20, 2005

Things I am good at.

For my own self esteem purposes I am writing a list of things I am good at. I will not inflate or BS this list in anyway (this is not a résumé). If you do happen to be an employer and you need someone with these qualifications don't hesitate to leave some kind of contact info in the comments below and I'll send you a real résumé (a more impressive sounding list).

  • I'm friendly all the time. This may not seem like a lot but I find it's a quality not many people have. Also, by being friendly I can make other people more friendly (mostly) by putting them in a better mood.
  • I'm good at writing. Not just this blog. I wrote a whole book and I got a few articles published (if you like this blog and you want to pay me to write an article for you, we'll talk).
  • I'm good with computers. I'm patient with them like I am with people. I don't freak out when a program freezes and I have a good instinct for getting programs to do what I want without reading lengthy tutorials. If I can't find what I want, it usually isn't there. In which case I shrug my shoulders and find another way to get a similar result.
  • I'm good with children and the elderly. This has to do with the friendliness and patience I mentioned before.
  • I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm good at art (see my art below) but I did go to university for it and learned a bunch of stuff. What my paintings really show is my unique way of looking at the world, with humour and a touch of fantasy.
  • That reminds me, I have a good sense of humour.
  • I'm honest. To the point of my own detriment. This makes me bad at inflating myself, in a job interview for example.
  • I don't smoke and I rarely drink.
  • I'm intelligent enough to do pretty much anything anybody throws at me.

Well there it is. I think I'm a pretty good person.

2 comments:

zydeco fish said...

That's an interesting excercise in self-affirmation. I'd like to see, if only for contrast, a list of things you are not good at. In my case, that list is longer than the things I am good at.

Super Happy Jen said...

Somehow I don't think a list of things I'm not good at would really help me feel better about myself. But what the hell, I'll write one (see above).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...