Friday, April 15, 2005

Why Mommies Make Great Lunches

You might think that now that I've reached the ripe old age of 25, I'm past the stage of having my mom make my lunches. You'd be wrong. Today my mom had to leave early and could not make my lunch, so much to my chagrin I was forced to endure a lunch that was not made with love.

The difference?

Lunch made with love includes:

1. Sandwich: two slices of a delicious and interesting new type of bread, filled with at least 3 or 4 slices of smoked turkey, and piled high with vegetables not limited to lettuce (optional tomatoes, red pepper, cucumbers). Everything is glued together with a gerous helping of mayo and (in case that fails) the mountainous sandwich is stuck with no less than two toothpicks. It is cut in half because "the whole thing won't fit in one ziplock bag.
2. Drink: Either a waterbottle, or delicious juicebox
3. Perifferals: Including (but not limited to) cookies, cupcakes, apple, banana, fruit salad, yogurt, apple sauce, strawberries, pudding.

Lunch made by me:


1. Sandwich (when motivated): Two slices of whatever bread is left on the counter from breakfast, with one or two slices of whatever meat is hanging out in the fridge, and one Kraft singles slice. It fits in one ziploc (though I do squish it a bit to get it in there). OR 1. Frostbiten frozen dinner (If not motivated)
2. Drink: none. I get water from the tap when at work.
3. Periferrals: Yeah, right, that's it.

1 comment:

zydeco fish said...

Maybe I should move home again. Well, on second thought, my mom never made me lunch, even when I was a child. How sad for me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...