Thursday, December 02, 2004

Grade Ten Illiteracy Test

I've been negligent in my blogging of late because I've been working as a marker for the Grade Ten Literacy Test (you know the test all the Gr10s have to pass or "no high school diploma for you dorks!"). Anyway, I signed a confidentiality agreement saying I wouldn't talk about the marking process or any of the test answers. I assume this is because if, say, I mentioned a funny wrong answer in my blog entry the following might occur:
  • The kid who wrote the answer (or a similar answer) might happen to read my blog
  • Said young person would think to himself/herself "Oh crap! That was wrong!?"
  • This highly illiterate, yet technically savvy, young teenager would build a time machine, go back in time to when he/she was writing the test, and change the aforementioned answer.

While this might at first seem like a big threat; you will see from the following two points that the chances of problems arising from this scenario are minimal:

  • If the aforementioned youngster finds the test difficult to comprehend, he/she will not understand the complicated vocabulary of my blog
  • Even if he/she does manage to understand my blog, build a time machine, go back in time and change his/her answer, he/she will likely get most of the other test questions wrong and fail anyway

Unfortunately I did sign the agreement so I can't tell you anything. You aren't missing much, don't worry.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...