Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Mooseriffic Holiday!

Adam and I are back from our 4-day camping trip to Algonquin Park. The highlight of our trip was seeing a young moose:

He was just wandering around eating lake grass near our campsite. For those of you who have never experienced a moose sighting I will tell you that moose (mooses, meese) are the most hillarious creatures ever because unlike deer and squirrels and bunnies and chipmunks and birds and bears and every other wild animal in the universe, moose could care less about people. The moose was easy to spot because there was already a crowd gathered around it. We saw him first at 2ish and he was still hanging around the campground at 6! Our moose could be seen from the road and at least ten cars pulled over to take his picture (okay so maybe HUMANS are the most hillarious creatures ever, but moose are right up there). To give an idea of how close a person can get to a moose without even a snort of protest I have this picture Adam took of me and our moose:

You should know that the reason I am not closer to the moose in this picture is a) there was a bush in the way and b) I didn't want to get my shoes wet and mucky NOT c) he might have run away. The moose knew I was there (he kept looking at me) but was totally uninterested in anything but his dinner.

Speaking of dinner, we also saw a snake eating a frog. YUM!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! I need to see a moose.
Mercury :)

Becca said...

COOL MOOSE! I think every one needs to see a moose once. But trust me, Not all moose are that Uninerested. I've met up with an extremly unhappy Bull before.

I Wish i got to go, But I've had to prepare for my BC trip.

I'm glad you had fun
( Just imagine what Cody would have done with that moose)

See you when I get back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...